Let it be known that I loved this movie.
Yes, this review is late, but my opinion and I are so important I know you've just been on the edge of your seat waiting for my thoughts.
I'll get the practical stuff out the way first. I do understand where the criticism is coming from - the green screen was a bit not-pretty at the beginning, but got better, and the soundtrack did not fit the time period.
HAVE YOU LISTENED TO THE SOUNDTRACK?!
It's AMAZING.
And I think we were not given time period music because, well, it wouldn't be a soundtrack, it'd be an album of old, fuzzy recordings that were probably ethnically offensive (white musicians in the 20s weren't known for their tact.)
Anyway, Leonardo diCaprio was beautiful and perfect, as always, and if he doesn't win the Oscar, who wants to storm the Academy with me?
Carey Mulligan was wonderful, and I think she captured the soul-sucking frivolity and vapidity of Daisy accurately. To be quite frank, I thought the casting was impeccable.
I thought this movie was pretty damn close to perfect. I mean, think about how truly and undeniably horribly it could have gone, and it didn't.
This movie gets 5 out of 5 stars from me.
I'm going to get the DVD for my birthday.
I'm gonna get a Netflix account just so I can watch it.
Might buy it on iTunes (and I NEVER buy things on iTunes).
Might get stills from the movie on a T-shirt and never take aforementioned T-shirt off.
All you poopooheads that didn't like it?
Buh-bye boo boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment